10 gigabyte 4G basket EU28 & OECD country and operator rankings
In this premium research note we present the 10 gigabyte basket EU28 & OECD country and operator ranking for 4G LTE
unlimited (>1,000) minute & SMS smartphone plans that include hotspot/tethering functionality for the entire volume.
- In all EU28 and OECD countries it is always a network operator that offers the lowest price for the 10 gigabyte basket of 4G LTE unlimited minute (>1,000) & SMS smartphone plans with tethering. Not MVNOs!
- In US, Germany, Canada, Japan, Spain, Belgium and Australia operators charge consumers 2 to 6 times more for the 10 gigabyte basket than in EU’s competitive Nordic and Baltic markets
- In the 4 to 3 consolidated German market Telefonica o2 and Vodafone charge 2 times more for 10 gigabytes than in the UK’s 4-operator mobile market
- In the Greek protected 3-operator market Deutsche Telekom charges 2 times more for 10 gigabytes than in the Netherlands were Tele2 is launching as the fourth operator
- UK and Dutch operators charge half of what German and Greek operators charge even though they paid more €/MHz/pop) for acquiring or renewing 800, 900, 1800 and 2600MHz spectrum
- The overwhelming majority of MVNOs in EU28 and OECD markets do not allow hostpsot/tethering functionality in their
Free summary and country ranking (1 page, pdf) »
Free version of operator ranking (MNO/MVNO names hidden) (1 page, pdf) »
Premium report and country ranking (3 pages, pdf) »
Premium version of operator ranking, showing all MNO and MVNO names (2 pages, pdf) »
List of all research reports and external articles
The market is changing. Mobile data pricing and network economics metrics and research reports for industry professionals