The state of 4G&5G pricing in Latin America, August 2020
Mobile data prices in Latin American 4-MNO markets are competitive and broadly on par with European and other OECD 4-MNO market prices. Mobile data prices in Latin American 3-MNO markets are sub- or non-competitive (i.e. significantly higher than 4-MNO market prices). This independent report has been produced based on a client request.
- 4-MNO Latin America markets: Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Peru where 4 national mobile network operators are present.
- 3-MNO Latin America markets: Argentina, Bolivia and Mexico where 3 national mobile network operators are present.
- Mobile data prices in LATAM 4-MNO markets are competitive and broadly on par with EU & OECD 4-MNO market prices.
- Prices in LATAM 3-MNO markets are sub- or non-competitive and broadly on par with EU & OECD 3-MNO market prices.
- Which are the most competitive LATAM 4-MNO markets and which are the least competitive LATAM 3-MNO markets?
- 4G smartphone plan gigabyte and monthly prices are lower in Latin American markets where 4-MNOs are present and even lower in 4-MNO markets where at least one out of four operators is a mobile-only operator.
- Prices of 4G mobile/wireless broadband plans suitable for home broadband use – plans with very large or unlimited data volume and at least 5 Mbit/s speed for HD video – are competitive in Latin American markets where at least one operator is mobile-only (i.e. executes mobile-centric MCC rather than fixed-mobile converged strategy FMC).
Free summary, key findings, table of contents, methodology (5 pages, pdf) »
Full release report (34 pages, pdf) »
List of all research reports and external articles
The market is changing. Mobile data pricing and network economics metrics and research reports for industry professionals